An organization without a strategy is like a ship without a rudder. How can organizations continue to provide exceptional value to stakeholders and customers if they are not clear on where they are heading and how they will get there? The answer is they cannot. This is where the role of strategy becomes essential. Strategy is about setting ambitious goals, understanding the surrounding current and future environment, and providing a sense of direction for the organization. In this course, we will cover the 7 steps of the strategy management process, starting with the ‘thinking’ components of strategy, moving into the ‘planning’ components, and ending with ‘execution’. At the end of the course, participants will be able to implement or improve the strategic process at their organizations to reach their vision and achieve their mission.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Apply strategic thinking to analyze their current environment and determine their organizational ambition.
- Employ the strategic management process to achieve the desired ambition.
- Assess and choose strategies that create a sustainable competitive advantage for the organization.
- Determine strategic objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ‘SMART’ targets for the organization.
- Convert strategic plans to operating plans through creating strategic initiatives and sequencing activities.
Participate in the performance management cycle to ensure proper execution of chosen strategies.
All managers and senior professionals who are involved in influencing, formulating or supporting the long term planning and strategy of their department or organization, as well as those who are responsible for linking, measuring and improving the performance of the organization, including strategy or performance management professionals, balanced scorecard managers, business unit and department managers and business analysts.
DATE: SEPTEMBER 21 – 25