BRIEF PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Strategic management deals with a set of decisions and actions that result in the design and activation of strategies to achieve the objectives of an organization. This programme would provide participants with an overview of the nature, benefits and the alignment of strategy formulation and implementation model.
Do more than just ‘manage’ – think and act strategically. Gain an in-depth understanding of the most important and effective strategic processes, ideas, tools and techniques, to help you to contribute to your organization’s future. During times of dramatic change and increasing uncertainty, when over 65% businesses are changing their strategies, it is even more important to link your operational responsibilities to the strategic aims of your organization.
This course is practical and hands on, and shows how strategy, change management, culture change, and the business plan are all interdependent.
Managers, Middle level Managers, Senior Managers, and other key functions Staff, who contributes strategically for the organization to excel. Also this program is for experienced managers in all functions who are looking to move to the next level, or to better integrate their organization’s strategy into their operational responsibilities.
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Formulate company’s mission, purpose, philosophy and goals
- Conduct an analysis that reflect the company’s internal / external environment using the SWOT & PESTEL analysis
- Identify the most desirable options by evaluating each option in the light of the company’s mission and objectives.
- Select a set of long-term objectives and grand strategies that would achieve the most desirable options
- Develop short-term objectives and strategies that are compatible with the selected set of long-term objectives and goals
- Implement strategic choices by means of budgeted resources allocation in matching tasks, people, structure, technologies, and reward system.
- Evaluate the success of the strategic process as an input for future decision making.
DURATION: 3 DAYS
- Award of Certificate of Participation, on completion.
- 10 Unique Growth Strategy, you can activate immediately
- 30days On- going mentorship
- Strategic Management : An overview
- Introduction to Strategic Management
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Strategic management functions and benefits
- The strategic management process
- Strategy Formulation
- Strategic Intent
- Financial and strategic objectives
- Defining the company’s Mission, Vision, Values, (MVV)
- Defining the company’s Goals & Objectives
- Techniques of Organizational Appraisal
- Strategic Advantage framework
- Core Competencies
- Organizational capability and strategic advantage
- VRIO framework
- Value Chain Analysis
- Quantitative analysis, Balanced scorecard and Key factor rating
- Scanning the External Environment and Industry Analysis
- Marketing environment
- PESTEL Analysis
- Porters 5 force
- SWOT Analysis
- Formulating long-term objectives and grand strategies
- Porters generic business strategy (Cost, Differentiation and Focused strategies)
- Corporate Strategies – Grand Strategies
- Strategic analysis and choice
- Evaluating and choosing business strategies
- Seeking sustained competitive advantage
- Strategy Implementation: Some approach
- Through short-term objectives,
- Functional Tactics Reward system, and Employee empowerment
- Mckinsey’s 7s Framework: 7s-Strategy, 7s-structure and system, 7s-soft elements, Marketing Warfare
- Mintzberg’s 5P’s: Plan and ploy; Pattern, position, perspective
- Implementing Strategy : Structure, Leadership and Culture
- Structuring an effective organization
- Corporate Culture and Leadership
- Embracing change
- Strategic Control and Continuous Improvement
- Establishing Strategic Control
- The quality imperative : Continuous improvement to build customer value
- Operational control systems
Case Studies – Your Business as a Case Study