BRIEF PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Blue Ocean Strategy offers a new perspective on strategy formulation and execution. This programme will teach you how to apply the theory created by INSEAD professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne. In implementing the tools, concepts and frameworks of Blue Ocean Strategy, you will learn to create ‘blue oceans’ of uncontested market space to help you make the competition irrelevant.
You will gain key insights on how these concepts complement and go beyond traditional approaches to strategy. There is also a strong emphasis on learning how to apply Blue Ocean Strategy to real business situations in order to help your business break away from the competition and achieve strong profitable growth.
An important part of the programme is the opportunity for you to immediately start applying Blue Ocean Strategy to analyse your own organisation’s strategic challenges. In addition, to enrich the learning experience, you will provide feedback and ideas for other participants, as they search for their own ‘blue oceans’.
This workshop will enables you to discover strategic moves – termed ‘Value Innovation’ – which can create powerful leaps in value for both the firm and its customers, rendering rivals obsolete and unleashing new demand.
The objective oftheworkshopistoprovideparticipantswithanappreciation of the Blue Ocean Strategy,itstoolsand processes.Participantswill learn from real world examplesandcasestudies, and havetheopportunity toapplythetoolstotheirownbusiness.
Who is it for?
This programme is especially relevant to those seeking to break out of the traditional ‘red ocean’ of competition and create strong profitable growth for their organization in both existing and new markets.
Executive Teams, Boards, Managers, Owners, Division Heads, Sales & Marketing Managers, Strategy and Growth Leaders, Innovation Managers, L&D Managers and Strategy and Growth Consultants all need to embrace Blue Ocean thinking.
While individual applications are welcome, participants are encouraged to attend the programme with colleagues (up to 4-6 people) so as to make more progress on issues affecting their organisation and pave the way for creating a Blue Ocean Strategy on their return to the office.
If you’ve ever tried to apply other strategic and business planning methods to your business, such as Porter, PESTEL, Core Competency, Lean, Business Model Generation, Design Thinking etc. you’ll know that none of these is the sole solution to all your needs. But Blue Ocean Strategy will be the glue that binds all your disparate continuous improvement and innovation skills and efforts together. It is a holistic, creative and innovating strategic planning method.
- WHY A BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY?
- General Overview of the Blue Ocean Strategy
- Case studies of Blue Ocean creations
- Value Innovation Tools and Processes
- IS YOUR RED OCEAN STRATEGY WORKING FOR YOU?
- Discovery of Your Customer’s Drives, Need Interests and Demands
- Creating As-IS Strategy Canvas for your Own Business
- CREATING YOUR BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY
- Identify new unmet demand and non-customers
- Practical Tools for building both real and perceived value in your business
- Reconstructing Market Boundaries for Creating Uncontested Market Space(a crucial step towards industry disruption)
- Understand that technology is an enabler, and not necessarily the basis of all new Blue Ocean markets
- Creating a New Strategy Canvas applying the Six Path Framework
- Assessing Non-Customers
- INTEGRATING BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY WITH YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Engineer more demand for your existing products and services in the process of moving towards your Blue Ocean
- Design unique new products and services for your new Blue Ocean market (not simply features than make existing customers happier – there’s a difference!)
- Lower your costs, Create new customer benefits, and Raise your margins, simultaneously (I’ll say that again, “simultaneously”)
- Engage your team and stakeholders using fair process and tipping point leadership to gain their voluntary co-operation
- Rethink your business’ boundaries
- Understand your Key Competitive Factors and break the traditional Value-Cost Trade-Offs of your Industry
- Focus on the BIG –Picture, Not The Numbers and Visualizing The Strategy Process
- Crossing Key Organizational Hurdles Through Tipping Point Leadership
- Sustaining and Renewing Blue Ocean Strategy
- SUSTAINING YOUR BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY
- Appreciate and strategise for the important impact of Change Management
- Explore, Validate and Execute a pipeline of Blue Ocean Strategy initiatives
- Embed Blue Ocean Strategy Thinking into your organisation
- Utilise technology to enhance and maintain your Blue Ocean Strategy based Continuous Improvement and Innovation Programme
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Gain a new framework for strategy design and implementation. Acquire an in-depth understanding of Blue Ocean Strategy tools and concepts developed at INSEAD.
- Have the opportunity to start thinking differently – to create uncontested market space that makes the competition irrelevant
- Motivate your organisation. Learn how to engage your colleagues in a Blue Ocean Strategy process.
- Develop an actionable plan. Start developing Blue Ocean Strategy for your organisation in order to break away from the competition through ‘Value Innovation’, the simultaneous pursuit of differentiation and low cost.
Bonus: FREE TICKET to Attend: New Wealth Layer Framework for Business – Unlocking and Building a New Layer of Stream of Your Business
- Award of Certificate of Participation,
- Customized Training Materials
- Case Studies and Activities Stimulation
- interactive, experiential learning
- 50% of the time spent applying the tools directly to your business
- small teams and group problem solving (maximum 20 participants per workshop)