BRIEF PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Are you a Professional involved in decision making, reporting, business forecasting, valuation; data analysis; interpretation and presentation of business, financial, accounting, economic data among others? These training will enable you to effectively use Excel (Spreadsheet) to organize unorganized data into a useful information for decision making. The training is going to be a hands-on for a wide range of practical situations.
Our analytics training lets you learn exactly what you need to know in becoming an expert in excel and E-view packages and usages especially as it concerns: Data Analytics, Financial Modelling, and Dashboard Executives.
The course is led by highly experienced Excel and Econometrics trainers with many years of experience. Our hands- on courses mean that you will leave with practical experience as well as useful tips and tricks.
ABOUT FINANCIAL MODELING & DATA ANALYTICS
Financial Modeling is one the most fundamental and widely sought after skills in the finance industry. It is the art of building a model to depict financial statements and investment analysis using MS Excel. This helps arrive at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters. Financial models can be used to represent the performance of a business, a project or any other investment. In today’s world, all decisions made are based on quantitative analysis. This is why Investment Business Analyst, Bankers, Equity Research Analysts and Fund Managers find Financial Modeling indispensable.
Data Analysis – The ability to analyze data is a powerful skill that helps you make better decisions. Microsoft Excel is one of the top tools for data analysis and the built-in pivot tables are arguably the most popular analytic tool. This program will walk you through the entire data analysis process, which includes: Posing a question; Wrangling your data into a format you can use and fixing any problems with it; Exploring the data, finding patterns in it, and building your intuition about it; Drawing conclusions and/or making predictions and Communicating your findings
Who should attend?
- Business and financial analysts
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- Financial Modelers and Consultants
- Individuals for personal finance
- Accountants, Financial controllers and financial managers
- Business development managers
- Advisers of small, medium and fast growing enterprises (SMFEs)
- Masters students in management and finance
- Basic knowledge of excel: participants are required to have practical experience in using Excel as a tool to analyze, present and support financial information and decisions.
- A calculator that can handle basic arithmetic and a laptop equipped with MS Excel application
- Create flexible data aggregations using pivot tables
- Represent data visually using pivot charts
- Calculate margins and other common ratios using calculation on pivot table
- Filter data using slicers in multiple pivot tables
- Create aggregate reports using formula based techniques
- Review accounting concepts; Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, and understand the linkages between them so that modelers can accurately develop balanced multi-year financial projections.
- Review finance concepts such as the Net Present Value, Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Terminal Value and the discounting of cash flows.
- Develop Excel expertise with functions, formulas, layout, style and formatting so modelers can easily and quickly build scalable and robust financial models that are easy to use, extend, and incorporate into presentations as flexible tools for business decision-making.
- Develop modeling instincts so modelers know what assumptions are reasonable and likely to result in dependable results, and what parameter ranges are realistic to account for invariable deviations of reality from models.
- Develop a framework that allows modelers to build financial projections, perform discounted cash flow valuations, perform sensitivity analyses, build graphs and allow others to use their models without worrying about basic issues such as incorrect data input or “breaking” the model.
- Provide a foundation for more advanced modeling are such as for Leveraged Buyout Analyses, Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity or Debt issuance and other complex financial applications
DURATION: 4 DAYS
– Award of Certificate of Participation, Customized Training Materials
– Case Studies and Activities Stimulation
Bank: First City Monument Bank Plc (FCMB)
Account Name: SuccessDrive Global Consult Ltd
Account Number: 246 809 3010
MODULE ONE – DATA ANALYSIS Module One: Getting Started
Areas to be covered in this training include but not limited to the following:
- Microsoft Excel Philosophy: understanding excel interface; work with ribbons; most powerful excel dialogue boxes; 20 hottest excel shortcuts.
- Advanced Formulas 1: understanding excel cell references; work with name; work with date; data validation; IF and NESTED IF Functions for logical test.
- Advanced Formulas 2: Count IF function; Text functions; Rept Function; work with Table. Forensic data auditing.
- Advanced Formulas 3: index function; match function; Horizontal & Vertical Lookup function; index & match function; summing function.
- Advanced Formulas 4: conditional formatting; work with data; pivot table; formula auditing; array formula; chart and chart techniques.
MODULE TWO – FINANCIAL MODELLING
Areas expected to be covered in Financial Modelling include:
- Time Value of Money:- PV and FV of Annuity; (Single and Multiple Cash flow), Amortization; (Constant and general Discount rate), Sensitivity analysis.
- Capital Budgeting:- Investment Appraisal techniques e.g (NPV, IRR, PBP)
- Financial Projection:- Introduction of Spin button and combo box for projection
- Financial Planning:- Modelling Income Statement, Balance Sheet, cash flow, Financial ratios, financial statement forecasting
- Valuation:- Stock and Bond valuation with sensitivity analysis using spin button.